Updated: 5 April 2021
Over 4,200 individual Hand Washing Heroes have been trained across the Emirates and in countries as far as China, Japan, Australia, India and Sudan! Dozens of volunteer Heroes have heeded our call to ‘Pass it Forward’ training family and friends in far off countries. While it may seem simple, hand washing is one of the best barriers we have against COVID-19 and not enough people do it well. Furthermore, we notice that many people still leave the tap running while washing up exacerbating the global water crisis.
The following schools have participated in the Hand Washing Hero program:
- Alahliya Private School, Sharjah
- American Community School, Abu Dhabi
- Cambridge International Private School, Sharjah
- Dehli Private School, Sharjah
- English College, Dubai
- GEMS Wellington International School, Dubai
- Global Indian International School, Dubai
- Horizon English School, Dubai
- Jebel Ali School, Dubai
- New Dehli Private School, Sharjah
- New Millenium School Al Khail, Dubai
- Saint Mary’s Catholic School, Dubai
- Taryam American Private School, Sharjah
- Safa Community School, Dubai
- Shola Private School, Sharjah
- Victory Heights Primary School, Dubai
GEMS New Millennium School Al Khail Student Council trains 500 students! Read more here.
30 student leaders at Al Ahliya School, Sharjah pick up the program in Arabic and accredit over 500 students as Hand Washing Heroes! Check out their story here.
Featured Star Hand Washing Heroes
Recognizing the incredible efforts of those individuals who have passed forward their learning and collectively touched the lives of thousands more.
Gold level: Abarnaa Sai.V, Bhakti Venkatesh Hegde, Madhav and Raghav Krishna Seshadri Sumanth, Manvith Lobo, Ritika Oberoi, Saanvi Hemachandra Rao, Saima Khursheed
Silver level: Akshi Dadhwal, Amoghavarsha Bhat, Dolly Malhotra Seth, Mishal and Mir Faraz
Bronze level: Aditri Ajay Kumar, Cecilia Braidy, Tanmaya Babu, Chris Agnel
CONTACT US TO SIGN UP YOUR SCHOOL AS A HAND WASHING HERO SCHOOL AND PASS ALONG THE IMPORTANT MESSAGE THAT SAFE HYGIENE AND WATER SAVING GOES HAND-IN-HAND!
Reach out to Edurne Gil, Program Director on email@example.com