Are you keen to get involved and give your time on environmental issues? Are you concerned about the overuse and misuse of the world’s waters?
Join us as a Water Ambassador by completing the below form. You’ll need to prepare a letter of motivation first telling us why you want to be part of this dynamic movement for change. Tell us more about you, your school and the reasons you wish to take part.
Here are some of the things you could choose to do and the skills you will gain:
- organize a school-wide campaign to help lower our water footprint and reduce our impact on the world’s water resources while enhancing your leadership skills
- lead the Hand Washing Hero community mobilization effort at your school and practice your facilitation and teaching skills
- speak at a school assembly or write an article for your school magazine about the Sustainable Development Goals to develop your public speaking skills and journalism abilities
- initiate a ‘water challenge’ among your classmates and friends to boost the water saving measures we promote and show you care about our planet and the natural resources we enjoy
- develop your own social media communications learning how to effectively promote a cause or issue
- lead a skills session at a Water Alliance Student Ambassador gathering to share your knowledge with others
- participate in our regular learning field trips that showcase sustainable living and water conservation efforts
- attend expert talks on the global water crisis and regional water issues
As a Youth Water Ambassador, you’ll receive a certificate of completion from Water Alliance at the conclusion of your period of participation. If desired and specifically requested, your volunteer hours can be registered and counted toward your school service projects (like CAS). This is, of course, always helpful to mention on college applications too!
Who should apply?
- Independant thinkers who are committed to taking action within their circle of influence
- Students residing in the UAE
- Ages between 8 – 18 years
- Be authorized by parents to have a social media presence
- Have time to commit to the program; there will be one team meeting per month and other optional independant and collective activities in which one should participate
- Open to Water Alliance Student members only. By applying to become a Youth Water Ambassador, you agree to pay the annual member dues.*
The Water Ambassador program runs in two periods: from 1st September to 31st January AND 1st February to 30th June.
Applications are currently open for the February intake. Deadline: 9th January 2021
- Prepare your letter of motivation (or video message in mp4)
- Ask your teacher for a recommendation letter (download below template)
- Fill in the below online application form
- Pay your student member dues*
We look forward to doing so many things with you! Sign up below.
*By completing this Ambassador application form, you agree to subscribe to annual membership and will be automatically directed to the payment page. There is no need to complete a separate membership form. Please note: student membership is 100 AED +VAT; full benefits can be viewed here.